Experienced Lawyer in Northern Westchester County
Law Office at 61 Smith Avenue Mt. Kisco, New York 10549
Real Estate – Estate Planning – Divorce (Collaborative, Mediated, and Litigated) and Family Law – Business Law
The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC, in Mt. Kisco, provides extraordinarily strong credentials and more than 20 years of experience to individuals and businesses throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, and Rockland counties. A Columbia Law School graduate, Jessica Bacal has extensive knowledge of the laws governing real estate, estate planning, divorce and family law, and businesses. A cum laude graduate of Vassar College, Ms. Bacal also holds an L.L.M. Degree in Environmental Law in addition to her Columbia Law School J.D. Since legal issues can arise at any time, this firm is committed not only to accessibility six days a week, with evening and weekend hours by appointment, but also to practical and cost-efficient solutions. To set up an appointment, contact attorney by email at or call 914-767-9290.
Experience, knowledge and skill are the hallmarks of this firm.
- Real estate – All aspects of a real estate transaction, whether residential or commercial, are handled from the initial negotiations to the post closing follow-up. All documents necessary to complete the transaction successfully are expertly provided. In addition, Ms. Bacal, who has held elected office as well as appointed municipal positions. including town councilwoman, planning board chair, and town attorney, regularly appears before zoning, planning and town boards on land use issues. Clients are also counseled on boundary disputes, quiet title actions, environmental matters, and landlord-tenant issues.
- Estate planning – The establishment and implementation of effective estate plans that govern the distribution of assets and the care of minor children are this firm’s important priorities. The firm drafts all documentation required to effectuate an estate plan, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and advance directives. Representation is provided for both standard and contested probate administration.
- Mediation, divorce and family law – There are a variety of ways to deal with the breakdown of a marriage. This firm prefers the most cost-efficient, practical and sensitive approach. Collaborative divorce is a viable option to litigation, as are negotiated settlements and mediation.Ms. Bacal is a trained mediator and collaborative divorce attorney. All aspects of matrimonial law are resolved, including child custody and visitation, child support, alimony (known in New York as spousal maintenance), and the proper division of marital property. In addition, counsel is provided for adoption proceedings, including stepparent and foreign adoptions, guardianships, and prenuptial agreements.
- Collaborative divorce – Collaborative divorce is a process that enables divorcing spouses to work with their attorneys in a cooperative environment in order to customize the terms of their divorce, including child support, child custody and spousal maintenance. This process can often result in the divorce being less emotionally wrenching and sometimes even a positive experience for the parties, especially if children are involved. A collaborative divorce tends to foster healing and a healthy post-divorce relationship between the parents and with the children.
- Child support and child custody – Child custody and child support are some of the most debated subjects between parents, whether they never married or are separating or divorcing. Guidelines set by New York law are intended to reduce conflict, but the formula for calculating child support and the factors for determining custody are replete with emotionally laden content. Also, child custody arrangements are often crafted to suit clients’ needs but the best interests of the child or children must prevail.
- Business law – Business owners are advised as to the appropriate choice of business organization, compliance with New York state law, contractual matters, lease arrangements, and dissolution proceedings.
To schedule an appointment for a confidential consultation, contact the firm by e-mail or telephone (914-767-9290). The office is open during regular business hours, with evening and weekend consultations available by appointment.
Located just a few blocks from the Metro North train station in downtown Mt. Kisco, the office is situated at 61 Smith Avenue in a charming Victorian home converted to office space, near the Northern Westchester Hospital Center, with ample parking behind the building.