Westchester County Family Law and Divorce Lawyer
More Than 20 Years of Experience in Family Law and Divorce
The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC, in Mount Kisco, brings strong credentials and more than 20 years of experience to clients throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Rockland counties in New York. A graduate of Columbia University Law School, attorney Jessica Bacal has an extensive knowledge of the laws governing family law and divorce, and as an Adjunct Professor she has taught family law. Ms. Bacal is admitted to practice in New York, Connecticut and Arizona.
The firm is committed to being available to clients whenever legal issues arise. To set up an appointment,e-mail or call 914-767-9290.
The Divorce and Family Law Practice
The firm works closely with individuals at all stages of a divorce or family law matter, from the decision to separate physically or legally, to filing appropriate documentation, to negotiated settlements, mediation, or collaborative efforts, to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce orders. The practice includes all matters related to:
- Divorce — Westchester County divorce attorney Jessica Bacal provides advice to clients regarding all matters related to, or arising out of, divorce, including child custody and visitation/parenting time, child support, alimony/spousal maintenance and the division of marital property. Services include post-decree requests for modification or enforcement of a divorce judgment.
- Adoptions — The firm prepares and files all documents necessary to complete an adoption and will act as your representative with birth parents or adoptive parents, adoption agencies and the court.
- Guardianships — The firm advocates for families and children, handling all matters required to implement a guardianship for a minor child.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — If you are planning to marry and are either bringing significant assets into the marriage or have children from a prior marriage, proper planning can help you protect your property rights with a prenuptial agreement. If developments during the marriage call for additional legal protection, the firm can assist you in creating a postnuptial agreement to clearly spell out your rights.
- Post-judgment modifications — Circumstances change over time, and it may become necessary to revisit your existing custody or support arrangement. Lawyer Jessica Bacal guides clients through the modification process.
- The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC, represents clients in paternity actions and works to resolve any support or visitation issues that arise as a result of the paternity determination.
The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC, represents clients in paternity actions and can work with you to resolve any support or visitation issues that arise as a result of the paternity determination.
The firm’s goal in all family law matters is to find a compromise that is in the best interests of all parties, including minor children. This often involves a collaborative approach, helping you work with your ex-spouse to resolve your differences without the intervention of the court. Attorney Jessica Bacal is trained in mediation strategies and can work with you to find amicable solutions that are mutually beneficial.
To set up an appointment,e-mail or call 914-767-9290. The office is open during regular business hours, with evening and weekend consultations available by appointment.
Located just a few blocks from the Metro North train station in downtown Mt. Kisco, the office is situated at 61 Smith Avenue in a charming Victorian home converted to office space, near the Northern Westchester Hospital Center, with ample parking behind the building.
The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC, in Katonah, brings strong credentials and more than 20 years of experience to businesses throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Rockland Counties. A graduate of the Columbia University Law School, attorney Jessica Bacal has an extensive knowledge of the laws and practices affecting businesses. Legal issues can arise at any time. The law office of Jessica Bacal, Esq., PC is committed to its availability to clients. To set up an appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-767-9290.